- MCU Support: A new Module Software Package for nRF52
- XM132 Power consumption: We have improved the power consumption in XM132 by improving the boot sequence
- Ethernet issue solved: Updated overlay instructions for Raspberry Pi
- Example apps removed: We have removed the old example applications for Tank level and Parking
- Improved Calibration: Problem with failed calibration when a strong refector was present at 90-120mm is solved.
- API Update: Updated profile enum to be a true enum instead of an uint32_t typedef
- Increased Signal Quality in Sparse Mode B
- Cortex M4 SW without FPU: We created new SW for m4 MCU without Floating Point Units for both GCC and IAR. Can be delivered upon request.
- New Public API: Used for changing log level after RSS activation.
- Service Data Callback: Added to presence detector
Also some minor bug fixes and document updates. Both SW and Docs can be downloaded from our Developer Site.
- XM132 SW: SW packages for our new Entry Module
- Keil Compiler Support: For our Cortex Mx packages. Both v5 (armcc) and v6 (armclang)
- Bluetooth firmware example application: Now available in XM122 package.
- Distance and Presence android example applications: Now available on github, both source and binary.
- XC112 & Sparkfun bug fix: Now works with Linux 5.4 on raspberry pi
- New parameter in Sparse service: (“min service memory size”) to enable use of less memory
- Public XC111 packages are removed (as XC111 is obsolete)
- Service Exchange
- Makes it possible to create multiple services for the same sensor ID.
- Configurable, i.e the functionality must be actively configured to work.
- The services cannot be active at the same time.
- The create step will not be thread safe anymore.
- This functionality will not be available in the module server or the streaming server.
- M0 package can now turn off LTO (Link Time Optimization) with a linker flag
- Production Test for XM132: Preparation for the upcoming launch
- IQ running sample Mode B, Removed
- Updated signature of log function in HAL definitions. This is not backwards compatible. Updating to this version will cause compilation error unless new integration files are used.
- Distance detector: Replaces the old Detector Distance Peak. API changed to be in line with our services. Less memory consuming, improved accuracy on all distances.
- Proximity detection – experimental: A function that notifies the API if something is present very close to the sensor when running the obstacle detector.
- Synchronous sensor control configuration: New parameter to control asynchronous/synchronous control of sensors.
Synchronous mode eliminates interference when multiple sensors are used.
- Improved RAM usage: Across all services.
- IQ running in Sampling Mode B, deprecated
- Distance Peak and Distance Basic Removed: Replaced by the New Distance Detector mentioned above.
- Faster stitching: Simply faster, leading to better performance for longer distances.
- Sensor calibration optimization: The time it takes to run a calibration of the sensor have been greatly reduced. Under 20ms for our Sparse service and below 150ms for the other services. A warning to application that the calibration is no longer valid, e.g. due to temperature change has been added. Finally we have reduced the footprint (flash).
- More output from the Presence detector: Exposing downsampling factor and hw_accelerated_average_samples and distance point vector
- Changes in Sparse service: We have updated the sparse service to fully comply with our certificates in the datasheet.
- A new module software package stm32l476_module_software: Enables customer to use exploration tool on their own modules that uses stm32l476. With small alterations customer will be able to use this module software on most cortex M4s.
- Minor bug fixes
- New Power Save Mode in our Sparse service: Hibernation
- New Get Next Function: get_next_by_reference for all services
- Test binaries for certification added in the package.
- Added the possibility to change the Gain setting in the Presence Detector
- New naming of SW packages to make your selection easier and more clear.
- Minor bug fixes
- New Profiles for all Services
- Max SNR and Max Depth Resolution are replace by 5 new profiles.
- New repetition mode “On Demand”
- Automatic Noise Level Normalization
- More strict check of configuration parameters
- Updated Power Mode names
- OFF, SLEEP, READY, ACTIVE
- Support for IAR compiler
- For ARM Cortex M4 and 7, IAR Embedded Workbench 8.x
- Single Thread Support only
- Relaxed Limits on Range Start
- Updates to the Module Server Protocol
- Unified Libraries
- Sweep Configuration renamed to Base Configuration
- Changes to Power Bin Output
- API Clean-up
- Updated HAL Integration API
- and more…
For a detailed description of the changes please go to the New in API 2.0
- Presence Detector. Replaces the old Motion Detector
- XM122 support – SDK and module server, I2C support to be added
- SW Package for Raspberry Pi and SparkFun Pulsed Radar BreakOut
- ClockTest added in Assembly Test
- Old Motion Detector tagged as deprecated
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Assembly Test. This test will verify so that the A111 is integrated properly on pcb. (Power supply, SPI, UART etc.)
- Diagnostics. This will create a log that can be sent to Acconeer for Debugging purposes.
- New Sparse Configuration
- Allow 64 sweeps per frame in Sparse Service
- Simplified example_detector_distance_peak
- Improved overview of application flow
- Application now show example of blocking mode only
- Removed experimental tag for sparse. The Sparse service is now targeting customer product development.
- Change compiler for cortex m0 and cortex m4 to:
- GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain 7-2018-q2-update June 27, 2018
- Reduced flash footprint
- Power bin service: 102 kB
- Envelope service: 108 kB
- IQ service: 134 kB
- Sparse service: 55 kB
- Added stitch_count to metadata
- Minor Bugfixes
- New diagnostics log level
- Early downsampling for sweep data in the obstacle detector
- New printf version using open source (MIT) for XM112 (will ensure better performance)
- Rename libacconeer_a111_r2c.a to libacconeer_sensor.a
- Important bug fixes in sensor calibration (introduced in v1.8.1)
- New functions to configure filter bandwidth and the IQ data format
- Repetition mode in the module server (enabling stitching for XM112 in exploration tool).
- Limitation: 3 m for IQ, 5 m with Envelope
- Minor Bugfixes